Tuesday, November 1, 2011

potatoes and other exciting things

Once upon a time I got a job pulling vines off a conveyor belt full of potatoes for 3 weeks. In the meantime I forgot how to cook, relax (ok, maybe not that), and apparently blog.

A day in the life of a potato viner: pull vines, dirt clods, rocks, oozy rotten potatoes and the occasional mouse off the belt for 1o min, sit for 5 while another truck pulls up ( in my case READ.... I read every Bloomberg Business Week and every Economist we have received since we've been married) stand up, repeat 5O TIMES. 12 hours a day. 6 days a week. At the beginning of the last week I had a freak dishes accident. My hand got cut open by a broken glass, which lead to a nice trip to the ER, and 4 stitches. STITCHES ARE GROSS. So is returning to work the following day. Anywhoo, I am FINISHED and I feel very accomplished. I forgot how good it feels to get a paycheck.

Then I subbed at a bilingual kindergarten for a week. And it was so fun! Mainly because I got to sub during field trip week. Getting paid go to the pumpkin patch, sing songs and play games is pretty ideal.


Now I am back to the housewife life, delivering husband lunches out on the combine, power walking on ditch roads, and dusting off my domestic skills. Because guess who cooked while I was working? Uh my amazing gourmet chef husband of course. He's so good.

That's all for now. Domestic Goddesses (in training) have to sleep, too.

xo,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment