Friday, November 14, 2014

Elsie Lou at 8 months

     Elsie Lou is 8 months!!! I cannot believe it, and the last two have flown by so quickly there wasn't even time for a 7 month post.  I was reading an article the other day about babies who are "more intense, more sensitive, and more persistent. Welcome to the world of babies who are more." Little E is more. More fun, more hilarious, and more wiggly than any baby that I know of.  Most likely because she came from two parents who fit that exact description.
     The most apparent trait of Elsie at this point to anyone who meets her is that she only wants her momma. At best she will let another person hold her for a few seconds before she lets out a wail, at worst, she starts screaming when she SEES a stranger. Like that time I tried to get a gym membership. She wasn't going to let that happen for a second.  I am used to it by now, but there were times in the early days of her attachment that I would be heartbroken because she hates everyone, and this momma's arms need a break once and a while.
    This stage has been the most work by far, but the most fun. She has so much personality and a definite sense of humor. She likes to play peek-a-boo with me, and she thinks it's hilarious to put her binky in my mouth, and laughs like crazy when I sniff her bottom to see if she's stinky. I love her laugh!! When she gets excited she scrunches up her nose and does this darling little snort on repeat.
    She is supremely interested in food. She loves it all! She loves the standard baby food, but I try to give her a mooshed version of whatever I am eating- avocado, soggy bread, mashed rice, just anything. I think her favorite at this point is mangos. She adores mangos! If it weren't for her toothlessness I am pretty positive that she would like nothing more than to devour a burger or a good steak.  I keep thinking her teeth are going to pop through any day. I have been thinking that for 3 months now. She likes to gum thick apple slices as a teether. I tell her she can take her time with the teeth- as long as I am nursing and she is a biter I am completely ok with it.
    She has a hybrid scoot crawl, which I have named "The Scrawl". It is so hilarious to watch her really get going and to see where she wants to go and what she wants to do. I love to watch her venture out and look back for reassurance that I am still there before she scoots out again.  She likes to be on the go, no time for even a diaper change for that girl. I most times have to give her an amazingly interesting toy, diaper her standing up, or for the stinks put my leg over her gently so she can't escape mid bum cleaning.
   It is just something new everyday! I love how interactive she is and am amazed by how quickly she picks things up. I only had to show her how to wave hello a few times before she was waving to everyone in costco.
    I wish time would slow down a little bit. I try to close my eyes often and try to make a permanent memory of rocking that sweet girl to sleep and her sweet baby smell and the weight of her in my arms. It's amazing how such a tiny person can make your heart so big, even after she has pulled half of your hair out.

I don't know why I can't rotate this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment