Saturday, June 9, 2012

10k's

I ran a 10k this morning with my running buddy for life Jamie. Whenever I ask myself why I like to race I can't come up with a good answer besides... why not? While I placed second in my age group today (7th  or something overall),  I placed first in largest badonk among my running buddies pictured below.   I finished in 50 min some seconds. I chilly day in June it was. Perfect for running. Sad for my garden.



Last time I ran it in 49 min and some seconds and placed first.   I thought for sure I would beat it today since last race had a huge hill and I just felt slow!  Oh well, there is always the next race. Yes, I am addicted- an endorphin junkie I suppose. Or maybe I just like an excuse to wear awesome spandex pants.


We are now owners of geese. 5 of them. Big white ones. I don't really know how it came to be, but there they are, all large and feathered in the giant  habitat that Elliott put together for them. I think I would enjoy the experience more if we would have got them when they were babies so they would follow me around as though I were there mother, rather than just walking around scaring poor Melly dog. I will take pictures when I am in the mood to do something reckless and irresponsible ( i.e. approaching a flock of angry geese)

xo,
kayla

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, I'm so proud of you and your running buddy's success! That is terrific.

    I just got caught up on your blog. Your strawberries look wonderful, as do your peonies and pigs.

    I didn't know you'd switched jobs!

    ReplyDelete