Monday, September 23, 2013

17 weeks

17 Weeks Pregnant. Let me tell you some facts.

It is like being perma bloated. Only you can't suck it in or diet coke your way out of it.

Your bladder is a joke.  Just take my word for it.

It is technically a little early for me to be feeling the baby as strongly as I do, but since this is about facts, I do. A lot. He or she likes to kick around mid morning and right before I go to sleep, and if there is any tightness around my midsection like non maternity pants or tights the little babe will try to kick it away. It is just like tiny little nudges that make me so happy every time I feel them! Just my little buddy saying hello.

I don't know if it is the pregnancy or the lack aforementioned diet coke, but my sugar cravings are GONE. I used to be able to live off of chocolate and diet soda. It was basically all I ever wanted. No longer. I will still eat a piece of pie or have a brownie for dessert once in a while, but it is not the crazed must have urge that I used to have. Which is a welcome surprise!!

I still get sick once and a while. Thanks to my first trimester sickies I now have the gag reflex of a seasoned bulimic, and if I see something that grosses me out, fool you had better run.

You don't really recognize your body. Obviously my tummy will likely quadruple in size, but even this early you look in the mirror and see this front heavy roundy version of yourself, and it is slightly startling. Even for hubs. He still does a double take sometimes.

IT IS SO EXCITING. I am the type to read every article there is, research every type of carseat, and look at what fruit size my baby is religiously every week. I have been waiting for this forever!!

Also a bit about teaching. This is what happened during my science lesson last week. They were to put together the skeleton to the best of their knowledge before being given the resources to do it correctly and fix any errors.

5 Seperate groups turned in different variations of this. There was no laughing, smirking, or mischievousness about it!! They just plopped them on my desk. "Here, I am finished."

WHATTT!!!!! I didn't want to get them in trouble if they didn't have bad intentions and were just doing their best, so I calmly told them that their skeleton is missing a neck (knee bones, etc.) and to solve that problem.

We all had a good laugh over it in the staff room for sure.

off to bed!
-farmwife

1 comment:

  1. This post literally made me laugh out loud. So excited for you, woman!

    ReplyDelete