Wednesday, June 18, 2014

3 month update


Elsie Lou at 3 months.

She loves to play with her stuffed animal giraffe, whom we have affectionately named "Raff", because that guy has become a permanent fixture in our lives. She loves to try to stuff things in her mouth- especially her hands, Raff, my hair, blankets, you name it, she wants to try to eat it! She has death grip. She can turn the fingers of unsuspecting victims blue.  She likes to grab at her blankets and clothes and she ends up pulling them over her head. I hope this amounts to peek- a- boo soon.

She is a binky girl. That stinkin' binkin. I told Elliott that I only give it to her when it is time to sleep. And then I realized I also let her have it in the car, while we run errands, at church, whenever anyone but me is holding her, and when she is fussy for no apparent reason... so basically she has it a lot. And she loves it!! She is getting to wear she can pull it out and (sometimes) put it back. If it falls out at night she tries to creep her little pudgy hands out of her swaddle to put it back. It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!

 She likes to talk., especially when she is tired. It sounds like she is really trying to explain things to me in quiet coos and different little noises. Sometimes she looks at me and I think... this girl is way beyond her 3 months in knowledge and life wisdom. And then it's bedtime and she cries and I am reminded, yes, still just a little bitty baby.

She can roll over from her tummy to her back now. It still surprises her and her lower lip will go out and she cries a little. She is realllyyy working on back to tummy, and is over on her side a lot trying to kick her legs over.

She is fascinated by her books and mom's (terrible) singing-  especially by the song itsy bitsy spider with associated hand motions. She gets reallllyyy excited and is in awe when my spider hands crawl up the imaginary spout.

She is getting so strong! Her head control is pretty good and she likes to hold my hands and practice sitting up on my lap. I feel like her little life is a series of stations- reading books and singing little songs with me, playing independently on her toy mat, tummy time, hanging in her bouncy chair, and being toted around in the k'tan while I get things done. Then nap. She is always so ready for her nap by the time she gets done playing.

Things that save me right now are TUMMY MASSAGE and the "Double Swaddle"!! How does a girl that tiny get so gassy!? I have not a clue. But I do know that 5 minutes of tummy massage will empty that poor girl out in a hurry. The standard swaddle is no match for the Els, the double swaddle keeps her in and secure all night. Both can be you tubed, there are lots of different methods!!

Elsie gets up to eat 2-3 times a night now. At one and two months she slept through the night, and it's like she just discovered that it's a 24 hour restaurant, and she wants to make up for lost time. She is an astounding night eater. Her appetite increases like tenfold I swear to you. I  can pick her up, feed her, change her diaper and she wakes up for exactly NONE of it.

I could rant literally forever. But in summation the girl's motor skills and hand eye coordination are increasing sooo rapidly , I am crazy crazy in love with her, she is slightly more of a grumpist these days, and everyone comments on her huge blue eyes. They are beautiful!

My biggest parenting question at this point is do I hold rock her for 10 minutes since she falls asleep better in my arms, or set her down when she is drowsy even if it literally takes and hour for her to go to sleep that way. With crying. ...? #runonsentenceprobs. But yes. And second parenting question I have is how to I get this girl to take a bottle once and a while. And that is all.

As for myself I am busy to an extreme. Good thing I slept so much in my teenage years. I am now a Lularoe Consultant! Check them out here... SO CUTE. And I have better prices. Plus the girls at the GWG blog are always rocking the dresses and I die over them. It's just a chance to do some math and feel a little like a business lady a few hours a week while els naps that doesn't detract from being a momma. I will always put my family and home first. Plus it is some sort of badge of stay at home momness to join a multi level marketing company at some point it seems. I am also the owner of a giant watermelon/canteloup/pumpkin patch on top of our big garden. And housework. And cooking. And mothering the crap out of the cutest baby ever. You know?

xo,
farmwife

1 comment:

  1. Keep rocking her! They grow out of that stage sooo fast. I used to rock Pax to sleep every night with the same dilemma--will he EVER fall asleep on his own!?--and then, one day, he just decided he was over that rocking business and now won't ever let me rock him to sleep. He just lies in his crib, rolls over, and falls asleep like he never needed me! So sad! haha

    ReplyDelete