Wednesday, August 31, 2011

duck a l'orange

Today I was visiting teaching, and one of the ladies asked what I was making for dinner... my response, " .... Umm duck" Duck a l'orange to be exact. I don't know if it sounds fancy shmancy or just really backwoods so I always try to avoid the topic when possible. But yes, the fact is, Husband Man raised some ducks, and then shipped them off to be cleaned and whatever else they do to prepare a duck for ovenhood, and now they are in the freezer. And sometimes I cook them with orange sauce.

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else obsessed with vacuuming? It's like the brush marks left on the ground bring me some kind of great peace. As do delicious smelling candles and freshly mopped floors. And empty laundry baskets. No, I am not OCD . I am a homemaker. And truly Elliott is the more tidy one out of the two of us. The man taught me how to make a bed to his standard of insano perfection and keeps a swiffer duster on his desk. It's the best kind of great. As is being in the shower and seeing a manly hand creep in and turn the handle to freezing cold before you have time to respond. Thanks luv. For keepin it real.

xo,
kayla


P.S I know you want my duck recipe. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment