Sunday, March 11, 2012

the worth of education.

Last week was probably one of the most unproductive weeks of my life. I was sick. And all I wanted to do was sleep. I found out school would take me a bit longer than expected, and I went from being insanely motivated.... to having motivation level -3. I thought, I can be on insano busy mode for a year, but more than that is pushing it. So I started to type my thoughts out to my school mentor, and it kind of solved itself in my head. OF COURSE I WANT TO GET MY DEGREE!! I want it bad. So yesterday and today I got back on the horse. Clean house. Lots of school getting done. Feeling Fab.

Last Monday was also my first outside run of the year. I have been doing my workout videos pretty regularly but I hadn't been ready to brave the cold. That is until I got a running buddy!! She kicked my toosh the first run. I thought my appendix had burst after about 10 steps in. I am serious people. THE WORST side ache I have ever had in my life. But that is why a running buddy is awesome, you feel too embarrassed to stop. So I ran through it, and lived- pinterest fitness quotes running through my head. My favorites are, "your legs aren't giving out, your head is. Keep going." As well as, " I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm done. We are on our way to a 10k my friends.

In baking news, I tried a new recipe for lemon poppyseed muffins, and everyone kept asking me what mix I used. I made them from scratch. And I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended by that.

Also is every one else just dying for spring to get here, because I am. Obviously my skin tone is too, because my mom told me " Honey your looking a little green. Or maybe I'm not used to seeing you this pale." I am uberly pasty. Today was the first Sunday I didn't wear some form of opaque tights to church and I found myself even a little startled by how much viatamin D I am in need of. Fear not though, I have written off tanning beds. I am pretty sure I tanned enough my junior and senior year of high school to make up for the rest of my life.

Off to bed, I need my rest because this is going to be the most productive week of my life.

xo,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment