Friday, August 23, 2013

pep talk


Since I have found out about our little baby, I have had this panic realization that "MOTHERS HAVE THEIR LIVES TOGETHER" and crap I have months to attain this martha stewart homemade cinnamon rolls in the morning never any laundry waiting to be folded on the couch perfection. The mother that I imagined myself being is not the semi chaotic 22 year old that stands before you today. I  have always thought that in order to have more control over the cleanliness of my house, organization of my personal life ect, that I needed more structure, more self discipline, more checklists. While all those things are important, what has been entirely more effective for me is realizing, hey guess what you are a human being. Just because thursday is deep clean bathrooms and that didn't happen it is not the end of the world, and you shouldn't throw your whole cleaning plan to the birds. Before babies need a perfect momma mainly they just need love. And I have plenty of that. Love excess over here.  Be gentle with your human self. You're trying.

 Plus, martha stewart was once a convict or something. So you've already got one up on her. Good job, general law obeyer you. You don't want to be martha. Just you, making baby steps towards being a little better today than you were yesterday, alright?


-farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment