Thursday, August 22, 2013

pregnant

The cat is out of the bag and the beans have been spilled people!! I am a human incubator!!!! Anyone that knows me personally is aware that I have been baby hungry FOREVER. I have always wanted to be a mother more than anything, and was so excited when the time came where we could give it a go without interfering with finishing school,(which after you've tossed in as much moola as we have into the deal, is important).

First of all I was pretty positive it was going to take me forever to get pregnant. My grandmother took a few years, and so did my mother. They all had success, but it took time. After month two of trying I was pretty positive that  I was in the same boat as my favorite blogger Nat the Fat Rat, and the lovely women who came before me. I felt for these women. But I did not give up! The month of our anniversary rolled around, and I just had this good feeling. I just decided, this month, would be THE month. I picked out my doctor, prayed A LOT  and obviously eh you know on exactly the right days. And may or may not have spent extensive time with my hips in the air thinking positive thoughts. Is that tmi?  Yes. Moving on.

After month one I wised up and started buying the cheapy tests, because that can get pricey! So I have these questionable tests, and here it is the month of June. I test. 2 days earlier than recommended. Because that is how patient I am. I see the negative line start to appear and trash the thing. What garbage! What nonsense. This was supposed to be my month. The next morning I peek in that very scented garbage bag. You know, just to reaffirm. And to my freaking utter and complete surprise that stick had two lines on it. WHICH MEANS POSITIVE. Which means success. Which means PREGNANT. Mind blown & life changed. I could keep going. (and obvs I tested again for good  measure. and then had my blood drawn for even greater measure)

I told hubs in possibly the dumbest way ever, insomuch that we aren't even going to discuss it right now.

Anywhoo, pregnancy is so many things all rolled into one. Some of them contradictions. I've never felt so happy, or more sensitive- more beautiful, or more bloated- more excited or more nervous. Days where I could hardly keep anything down were tough, but so were days when I felt great, thinking " are you ok in there little bub!?" I learned to just knock that off though, and just enjoy the days where I could look food in the face and eat while I could, and the sickies would always make their way back.

My first ultrasound was nothing short of magical. Elliott had to bail last minute for a farm emergency caused by the storm, so I drove up all by myself and sat there and waited. My doctor was gone, they pulled me in late, and being alone had made me nervous. That tiny human being popped up on the screen moving his or her tiny legs like it was the happiest ever, just content, just relaxing in my tummy.  My tiny baby.

I am so excited for this new chapter in  my life! Goodbye job, goodbye pants properly fitting! Hello student teaching and preparing to be a mother!!



                                            the toilet and I became best puke time friends


-farmwife

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Elliott! What wonderful parents you will make. :)

    ReplyDelete