Friday, April 18, 2014

update!

I've just got my little Elsie Lou sound asleep next to me in her cradle, and thought that I had better jot a few things down about these 5 weeks of motherhood I now have under my belt while I can.

Els is a big sweetheart. Unless you don't feed her within 5 seconds after she decides she is hungry, or if her stinkin bink falls out while she is falling asleep. She loves to lay on her playmat and kick her little legs. She gets them going so fast! She likes to yell happy nothings and has the cutest little voice. She is a good little eater, and some of our favorite times are cuddles after she gets a good meal and a good burp. She likes to nuzzle into my shoulder and we just snuggle as I savor being a momma of an Els at 5 weeks. I want to remember every stage! I just want to savor it. B(reast) feeding is kind of really rewarding. Watching her little thigh chubs grow, and knowing that I have everything to do with it gives me some kind of happiness. And I just thought hey its free and it's best for baby, so lets do this, but it's kind of really sweet. She stares at me like I am the best thing, and it makes all of the work worth it.

She is growing like a weed! We said goodbye to newborn clothes and diapers about 2 weeks ago. Her daddy is saying that her 3 month jammies are already getting too small. They really are! At her last checkup she was in the 92nd percentile for height and 84th for weight. She loves "bouncy time" with hubs, when he lifts her up like she is jumping on his lap. Only she is really getting the hang of it and does these cute little jumping movements. I can't wait till she is only enough to stick her in a johnny  jump up and watch her go!

She sleeps most the day between feedings, but has a period of awake time for about 5 hours!! I have been trying to align it with when I would like to go to bed, and have been having some success. She has gone to sleep at 11:30 two nights in a row. She sleeps until about 7. We do her little nighttime routine where I wash her face with a warm washcloth, feed her for the last time before bed, put her in her jammies and swaddle her up.  I sing to her a little bit, put her in her cradle, and turn off the lamp. It usually does the trick and she is out. Yes, we are lucky/blessed. She is good.  She does have angry Els time though. Sometimes she just likes to scream. Usually when she is overtired and needs to be rocked to sleep, or is a lil gassy.

I started doing light workouts two weeks after having her and have been building up to get back on the horse... by the time all was said and done in pregnancy I gained nearly 50 pounds! Ha! Never thought I would see the day. Or laugh when I did. I lost 20 when I had her, and it has continued to slough off. I am left with 9 measley pounds today. Getting back into healthy habits and working out a little + nursing will melt it off in no time. I am excited to get back into running if I can figure that out. You cannot take a jogging stroller on country roads unless you wish to be hit by a semi.  Just you, you know, you can run into a ditch bank. But those days are over for now. Looks like I might  have to start getting up before Elliott leaves for work and can watch her.  I do kind of catch myself wondering when I am going to have "me time"... probably in 20 years?

My talented sis took some photos of us and I am so very happy with them!!




I have started a new instagram account where I post food stuffs. Because remember how when I got married my repertoire consisted of no-bake cookies and eh.... that's it? And now I make good food on a consistent basis? Anywhoo I am still learning, but am proud of making a weakness a strength and am sharing recipes and whatnot. The account is goodrichfamilyeats if you want to follow along!!

Around the farm things are a happenin'! I am working out in the garden with Lou, and Elliott has my watermelon patch all tilled and ready to go. And. We got pigs. And unfortunately they are adorable and very sweet. Because, you know, they are friends until they are food.

xo,
farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment