Saturday, January 4, 2014

so long 2013!

Welcoming a new year is my absolute favorite. My little one punching me in the bladder is a reminder of the adventure ahead, and how blessed our little family has been in the past year. We have had some ups and downs, but when I take a step back and try to look at the big picture I feel proud of us. When I was thinking of new years resolutions for myself, which always seem to be very specific, I could think of 1,000. None of them felt right. I thought about the baby weight I will want to loose, a house to always have clean, and meals worthy of magazine spreads to prepare, but I have decided to come from  a different angle. I told my husband I just want my new years resolution to be a big heart on the refrigerator (despite the fact I told my little sister it was just to pee my pants less in 2014 than I did in 2013 #preggersprobs). Luckily, someone on pinterest illustrated my sentiment in a far more attractive way.
 I know that being a new momma will be overwhelming at times. I know that dirty dishes might spend the night in the sink. I know that I won't get to check off everything on my to do list. But the things that do get done, I want them to be done with love.  I spent 2013 in survival mode, rushing and checking boxes and stressing about finishing school. While I am happy to have my dipolma en route, I want to really focus on the PEOPLE in my life. Because their happiness is what makes me happy.  I just want to slow down a little. I just want to take in each day. I want to celebrate the little things. I want to smile more.  Here's to 2014 being the slowest and sweetest year. 

-farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment