Sunday, February 16, 2014

30 million weeks & a baby shower

I am almost 38 weeks!!!! 


Here is a picture from my baby shower last week. It was so very perfect! Two of my great friends threw it for me, and baby girl was thoroughly spoiled. I was so grateful to everyone that came and showed their love for me and my growing family!

At this point, there are some things that I am excited about, and... some other stuff.... The best thing is that baby girl will be here so very soon! She could make her appearance anytime now! Plus, at my last visit I was dilated to a one! One is something. One is much better than zero. I think the hardest part has been the swellling and the achy wrists and feet. Which I know is so ridiculous because my body is performing this amazing miracle and I am so so very grateful that I am able to be pregnant at all, as I know many friends  would be happy to take my carpal tunnel and morning sickness if it meant they could have a baby, and my heart goes out to them. I have tried to change my attitude and focus on the positive, because pregnancy is such a blessing. Like my husband said, if poofy fingers have been the hardest part of your pregnancy you are very lucky. He is right.  

I have been trying to stay active, and have been doing a low intensity 10 min workout vid, or going for a walk at least a few times a week, to get my blood pumping. I think this is the first time in my life I have worked out for proper reasons- for my health and for the health of my baby. Not to look good in pants. My friend and I were talking earlier this week about pregnancy, and we both agree that while we are not eating much differently, the pounds just stick! I've gained about 37 pounds. They say a healthy person should gain 25-35, but the dr man has not said anything other than my weight gain is right on track.

We have got her crib up! It is the fisher price charlotte crib in cherry. It got awesome reviews and was super budget friendly! I love how feminine and dainty it is compared to other cribs. Pictures soon. I have been organizing her little nursery corner. She will be in my room until we move, where their will be second bedroom upstairs. The original plan was to make hubby's office the nursery, but I really don't want her anywhere else. It will make feeding easier and I will sleep better knowing she is close. 

more later, this momma to be is tired.


-farmwife



No comments:

Post a Comment