Monday, April 9, 2012

mind over matter

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham


And that is how I feel about today's 8 miles. All I could do was put my shoes on, and get out there. They say running is ninety percent mental. It is. I knew my body could do 8. The struggle was convincing my head that I could do 8. I just have to keep imagining myself at the finish line of the half marathon. I felt so accomplished today, I can't imagine how accomplished I will feel then! When we were done I just wanted to lay down in the cold grass and cry happy tears and hug everyone. But I didn't, because that is why you have a running buddy, so you don't do embarrassing things like that. I am so grateful for RBJ. We motivate each other.

Also, planners motivate me. I love check boxes. And getting a colored pen and CHECK! Another paper bites the dust.


exhausted,
kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment